Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unforgettable Tourney Moments

Leading up to Selection Sunday, I'll be looking back on some of the most unforgettable moments during March Madness.

Chris Webber's Infamous Timeout
This is one of those moments where I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing. Being from Michigan, and having a parent who is a University of Michigan alum, I was obsessed with the Fab Five. I swore I was gonna marry Jalen Rose.

Scenario: April 5, 1993. It's the National Championship game between North Carolina and University of Michigan. NC was leading 73-71. Chris Webber rebounded Pat Sullivan's missed free throw with 19 seconds left.

Webber traveled, but the referee didn't call it. Given a second chance, he hurriedly dribbled across midcourt, stopping in front of Michigan's bench and signaled a timeout with 11 seconds left. The Wolverines were out of timeouts.

I know he wishes the ref would have made that traveling call. Just shameful.


Chris Webber TO - The top video clips of the week are here

1 comment:

TheRealCherish said...

LOL! Ok, this was so unforgettable. I was the world's biggest Fab Five fan back then. Great post! Having trouble adding you to reader but I'll keep trying!